Rose Hips to Make Sloe Gin
- 450g/1lb sloes
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 1 litre/1¾ pint gin
- Prick the tough skin of the sloes all over with a clean needle and put in a large sterilised jar. its best to pick after the first frost so as the skins are softer.
- Pour in the sugar and the gin, seal tightly and shake well.
- Store in a cool, dark cupboard and shake every other day for a week. Then shake once a week for at least two months.
- Strain the sloe gin through muslin into a sterilised bottle.
- Enjoy.. if you like Gin.. ( I happen not to like Gin )
- Note Rosehips are a natural source of Vitamin C and you can dry out an make into tea. ..