This Recipe was created by
By Lorraine Pascale,from Baking Made Easy.. I followed her recipe to the letter apart from adding the pumpkin seeds, How ever I think if you should make them, I would try adding a little spices such as ground ginger maybe or some cinnamon as I found them a little bland..
Below are the ones I made …Enjoy
60ml/2fl oz vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
180g/6½oz self-raising flour
130g/4½oz wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
100ml/4fl oz plain yoghurt
275ml/10fl oz milk
1 tbsp honey
240g/8½oz cooked pumpkin, cut into ½cm/¼in cubes
handful pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Oil a 12-hole muffin tin and
line with 12 squares of baking paper. Push the squares down into
each hole so that the paper sticks up.
2. Sift the flours, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda into a large
bowl. Stir in the salt and rosemary. (Reserve any wholegrain left in
3. Meanwhile in another bowl, mix the eggs, yoghurt, milk, honey and
vegetable oil until well combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold the ingredients
together, but be careful not to over-work the mixture. Stir in most of
the pumpkin, reserving a little for the top of the muffins. Spoon the
mixture into the muffin cases.
5. Sprinkle the reserved wholegrain, pumpkin and the pumpkin seeds
over the muffins. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20–25 minutes,
or until the muffins are well risen and a skewer inserted in the centre
comes out clean.
6. Serve and eat at any time of the day. And these also freeze well ..