- Which lessons did you learn?
- How did you serve others?
- What blessings did you receive?
- Was there something you lost that turned out to be a blessing in disguise?
Did you receive any “gifts” in terms of powers or skills?
One thing Linda states on her post is how fast 2014 has speeded along.. None more so for me since the Beginning of September.. Since I decided to take early retirement finishing work at the end of August these past months have seemed just like weeks.. So as I look back over 2014..
- Which Lessons did I learn? Well I learnt all over again how to slow down, and trust in the Universe. Sometimes our heads get in the way of our hearts and for a long while leading up to my decision to finish work my gut had told me ‘Its Time’.. Sometimes all we need do is Listen to our inner voice and follow our intuition.
- How did I serve others? Maybe this question is best asked of others!.. I always try to treat others as I wish to be treated. Maybe if we each of us did this the world would be a much better place..
- What Blessings did I receive? Each day I receive blessings.. Sometimes we forget the blessings we already have. I am blessed to just be able to ‘see’. In Sept I had an eye test for new glasses, it took 3 attempts and three pair of glasses were returned because the lenses were not correct. This one little thing brought home to me more than ever How precious our eyesight is.. And what wonders we see every day, a blessing we take for granted.. Our senses and our ability to walk, talk, hear and touch are blessings to cherish.
- Did I loose something that turned out to be a blessing? Now I had to think on this one.. If I had answered this question a week ago maybe my answer would have been different.. But Last Thursday I went visiting relatives some miles away and we called to have a meal in one of the local pubs.
Now is the time when the Christmas Meals are on the menu ,when work colleagues get together etc.. We chose a quiet table and next to ours was a laid out table for 12.. We had nearly finished our meal when a group of adults with learning difficulties came in with their 4 carers.. My eyes filled up with tears as I saw how excited they all were, and it brought back so many fond memories of the times I had taken out those whom I supported with learning difficulties for meals and especially at Christmas time..
One carer said “ that is your peace shattered now” I said no it was lovely to see them all enjoying themselves.. As I was leaving I spoke to one of the young men who had Downs Syndrome , they were still awaiting their meal to arrive.. I said “ I bet you have been looking forward to this meal” He smiled and clapped his hands in glee and said “ Yes”, he was “Very excited”… Yes I lost something when I gave up supporting these wonderful people.. But I gained so so Soooooooooo much more from knowing their beautiful souls….. And I count my Blessings Every day!.
- Did I receive any gifts in terms of Power and skills? Again the thinking cap was on.. What do we term as Power and what do we term as skill.?.
Each and everyone of us has a ‘Power’ so strong we use it every day and yet we fail to see how Powerful it is.. We have this incredible tool call ‘Mind’. Yet many fail to see how Powerful a tool it is.. IF only we used this tool more wisely, and realised what we Think we create.. May we all of us use our God given Power wisely as we take responsibility for our thoughts, which lead to our Actions.
Skills.. We each possess. Some of you here on WP have praised my skills as a poet, and praised my crafting and artistic skills, I thank you.. Yet I say we all of us hold skills. We each of us have talents, whether they be to Listen, to laugh and create humour. It maybe we have baking skills, or photographic skills, writing skills .. It matters not, what skills we have.. What matters is that we should all of us be prepared to share our skills. And the best way we share is through Communicating with one another… Which brings us back to Community!.. We need to once again become a Community in which we learn again how to share and CARE! that which is needed.
We need now more than ever to communicate to each other the need to share… Share our Love for one another, Share Kindness.. Share in Compassion.. Share our Hearts. Only when we learn to let go of our differences, our prejudices and our Judgements, Anger and hatred, when we do that, we then create Harmony and Love. What goes around comes around.. As we cast our pebbles of thoughts into the Pond.. We are the ones who create the ripples we see around us..
“Life teachers is the greatest lessons
And gives us the best gifts.
We may not have control over all the tests,
But you can either let the lesson devour or empower you”
May each Lesson you Learn Empower your Spirit
Anyone wishing to take Part please let Linda know Here where you can find more vacant dates.
Love and Blessings